Synopsis: Grammatica is an AI-powered writing assistant for mistake-free typing. Put another way, Grammatica is an amped-up spell and grammar check app for all your devices.
Price and Platform: Free with a premium option. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Automatically check grammar, punctuation and spelling, and get synonym suggestions on any device.
- Use predictive typing and a personal dictionary to enhance your composition.
- Use the Grammatica mood detection to read content tone.
- Choose between the Grammatica app or activate the Grammatica keyboard to check text anywhere you type.
- Includes a built-in emoji keyboard to seamlessly add emotion without switching back and forth.
- With privacy controls in mind, Grammatica prompts users to opt in or out of app tracking upon downloading.
- Grammatica is available via iOS, Android including desktop Chrome, Firefox and Safari extensions.
- Grammatica offers a seven-day free trial of the premium version.
- Subscribe to Grammatica Plus for unlimited usage and no advertisements ($79.99/year or $9.99/month).
- It takes some getting used to typing with the Grammatica keyboard.
- There’s no obvious way to opt out of some features, such as automatic predictive typing, without disabling the keyboard.
- The Grammatica keyboard can feel intrusive. Importantly, when enabled, the keyboard can access any text you type from email to text messaging and notes and apps.
- Downloading the app’s keyboard without enabling full access results in a prompt to “enable full access” right above it whenever you type, which might be bothersome.
Bottom Line: Designed for those who need a little help with grammar, Grammatica comes with potential privacy trade-offs and is best-suited for those who don’t mind the interrupting nature of the keyboard.