Serving size: ¾ cup risotto plus ½ cup mushrooms
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm chicken stock. Once simmering, reduce heat to low.
- In a saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add Arborio rice and stir for 1 minute. Add white wine and cook until absorbed.
- Add warm chicken stock, about ½ cup at a time as it is absorbed, and cook over low heat, stirring often, until the rice is cooked through (but not mushy).
- While rice cooks, prepare mushrooms by melting butter over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine and cook until absorbed. Finish with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses to the risotto and stir to combine. Finish with lemon juice and salt.
- Scoop risotto onto serving plates and top with mushrooms.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 392 calories, 16g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 44mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g sugar, 18g protein, NA potassium, NA phosphorus
Analysis uses generic mushrooms for cremini and adds 4 calories to account for wine in recipe.