Synopsis of the App: With an easy-to-navigate design, this app aims to help reduce stress, embrace gratitude and support positive thoughts.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple, Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Easy-to-navigate design.
- Experience more than 150 mindfulness activities including guided breathing and shoulder relaxation exercises set to relaxing music.
- Themed sessions help tackle stress, sadness, worry, and many other emotions.
- A seven step mind “refresh” helps you identify your current mood then guides you to let go, focus on gratitude, sketch a full color doodle of a happy place, and make an actionable commitment to be more compassionate the next day.
- Select an activity duration from 30 seconds to 2 minutes to suit your needs.
- Make someone else feel better by sending a meme or quote to spread positive vibes.
- Record moments of gratitude, challenges and compassion in the diary for easy recall.
- Stay motivated and keep yourself accountable with the streaks feature.
- Play mindfulness games to distract and de-stress any time of day.
- Listen to brief inspirational talks and guided meditations from the app’s meditation experts.
- Access limited functions in offline mode.
- Must log in and create an account to use the app.
- Doesn’t include scientific references to support content.
Bottom Line: With a goal to help you feel more balanced and less stressed, Happy Not Perfect helps you take a mental break and relax wherever you might be whenever you need it. It’s ideal for anyone needing a quick refresh when emotions run high.