Synopsis of the App: ImgPlay GIF Maker lets users create and share animated GIFs and videos using new or existing content.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Andriod
RDN Score: 5/5
- Make animated GIFs or videos using new or existing stills, videos, live photos and bursts.
- Capture footage using the ImgPlay native camera.
- Add text, stickers and filters with ease.
- Hold and drag clips into place to easily reorder content.
- Change animation direction and lengthen or shorten loops with a single tap.
- Quickly increase or slow down animation speed with a convenient slider tool.
- Keep new content organized in the ImgPlay album.
- Save GIFs and videos to your smartphone camera roll as a GIF or video in low, medium or high quality with 1, 3, 5 or infinite looping.
- Select max file size from 2MB to 20MB downloads.
- Share immediately via text or email and social apps such as Instagram, GIF viewer, What’sApp and Twitter.
- No content of your own? Search for and modify existing GIFs to make them your own.
- Some functionality, such as text animation, is only available in the Pro version.
- Pro version ($4.99) includes sticker and text animation and access to new canvases and filters, custom stickers and fonts.
- Free version includes advertisements and a watermark.
Bottom Line: ImgPlay is an easy way to create memes, GIFs and animated videos. For those making lots of memes, it’s worthwhile to upgrade to Pro for full functionality.