Synopsis of the App: InShot is a mobile video editor with a focus on the music.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- The homepage makes it easy to begin, with buttons to create a new video, photo or collage.
- Edit video and photo for Instagram, YouTube and Musical.ly with ease.
- Trim, split, merge, flip or rotate video clips or simply create a collage.
- Add music, sound and video effects, photo and video filters and voiceovers and easily sync sound and video using the InShot timeline feature. Also manage volume for both audio and visual portions of the final cut.
- Add text and emojis with ease and customizable backgrounds with blur effects and more.
- Use fun filters and animation stickers to brighten existing video content or add cinematic effects like a vintage look, black and white or a scrambled “glitch.”
- Includes music and links to content creators with links to more music on SoundCloud.
- Adjust filter strength to get just the right look.
- Share videos in high resolution by exporting at 1080p.
- Adjust speed to .2x slower to 4x faster.
- Share videos with one click to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or What’s App
- Upgrade to InShot Pro to remove watermarks, advertisements and unlock additional stickers, filter packages and editing tools.
- Includes canvases for Instagram, Musical.ly, YouTube and different aspect ratios from 3:4 to 1:2.
- Watermark automatically appears in all video content.
- Advertisements present on the editing screen and when downloading filters and screens.
- Some effects are whimsical or cartoonish and may not be useful for the most professional productions.
Bottom Line: InShot is a full-featured video editor that makes editing fun with a variety of music and filters.