Synopsis of the App: Insight Timer is a massive library of free and searchable guided meditations.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Simple design with over 12,000 free, searchable guided meditations.
- Includes a new user meditation experience assessment and suggestions for levels from just starting out to over a year or teacher status.
- Browse and select meditations for mindful eating, self-love and compassion, sleeping quality, anxiety, stress and depression and loving kindness among many others.
- Take free courses like “Learn How to Meditate in Seven Days.”
- Sort and filter for length of time or your favorite teachers.
- Practice different meditation types from secular or Buddhist mindfulness, to walking meditation or breathing meditation, Metta, and many more.
- Register with Facebook or email to unlock features like personalized presets, bookmarking, and the ability to track daily progress across devices.
- Visit the community feed to connect with others and be inspired.
- Join community groups for beginners, poetry, religious affinity, language, and types of meditation.
- Integrates with Apple Mindful Minutes.
- Basic app design without the sleek design of many others in the category.
- Must be connected to the Internet for full features — but can pay $4.99/month for offline mode.
Bottom Line: With guided exercises and courses covering many topics and needs, Insight Timer is ideal for those who are both new and experienced with meditation.