Synopsis: Joyster is a smart mental health tracker and journal used to track mental and physical health symptoms to food, exercise and social activities.
Price and Platform: Free seven-day trial + paid. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Well-designed app with friendly characters to welcome users to and through the platform.
- Joyster includes a variety of conditions including anxiety, allergy, headache, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and others.
- Track mental health and physical symptoms and triggers while monitoring your mood and energy levels.
- Select one to eight symptoms to track in each new journal entry.
- Check in with how you are feeling. Choose from a wide range of emotions from happy to confident, use emojis or rank symptoms on a scale of one to five from unpleasant to pleasant.
- Explore valuable insights to uncover what might influence your mood, identify triggers and track trends in behavior.
- Use the reflection diary to connect the dots, track trends and document your sleep and daily physical activity.
- Get actionable insights on whether influences such as running or cooking or an exchange with someone had a positive or negative impact on your anxiety or depression management, for example.
- Must provide a name and email address before you can access the app. This might be a sensitive request for the target audience and may be a privacy concern.
- Annual cost might be prohibitive for some at $59.99 CAD (about $48 USD) per year.
Bottom Line: Joyster is ideal for anyone seeking a convenient way to track both mental health and physical symptoms in one place.