Synopsis of the App
Notion is an all-in-one workspace productivity app for teams and individuals. With it you can write, plan, collaborate and get organized offline and across all devices.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple, Android, desktop/web browser
RDN Score: 5/5
- User-friendly and intuitive design.
- Write, plan, collaborate and get organized offline or online and across all devices.
- Collaborate in real time by sharing, co-editing, commenting and @mentions.
- Create and organize content using nested pages — not folders.
- Drag and drop to prioritize, rearrange, organize and customize how notes and drafts appear.
- Save and share images, code snippets and other rich media.
- Practice app functions such as keyboard shortcuts, slash commands and how to create pages and subpages using the in-app tutorial.
- Explore and implement available templates such as a new workspace or notes layout.
- Tag notes, tasks and drafts with categories such as marketing, personal or important.
- Assign tasks to and grant page access to other team members with ease.
- Easily search entries across all categories.
- Create or join multiple workspaces using one email address with zero overlap.
- Select fonts and cover options, add icons and introduce discussion forums to any workspace.
- Invite others to contribute and/or create public pages with various levels of access.
- View a timeline of all workspace updates to never miss a mention or change.
- Effortlessly syncs between any web browser and the mobile app.
- Font and cover art options are limited — though you can opt to add your own photos.
Bottom Line: Notion’s ubiquitous design makes keeping notes and tracking projects seamless. It’s ideal for students, teams, individuals and small businesses and groups for everything from creating an editorial calendar to drafting recipes or creating a project management timeline and beyond.