Synopsis of the App: The NSF Certified for Sport® app aims to help elite athletes and sports enthusiasts and the people who work with these athletes identify and avoid potentially harmful ingredients and athletic banned substances in supplements.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Clean, easy-to-use design.
- The NSF Certified for Sport® app brings the results of the same-titled international certification program that tests dietary supplements, functional foods and beverages to your mobile device for easy access.
- Easy to identify supplements that are Certified for Sport®, meaning they are free of the more than 270 banned substances.
- Find supplement ingredients and other details quickly using search or browsing the app by goals, supplement type, brand or recently added supplements.
- Includes content organized by categories like bone/joint support, brain health, cardiovascular health, digestive health and many more.
- Scan supplement bottle barcodes to quickly download information.
- Easily compare 2 to 3 product attributes side by side.
- Save up to 30 product and brand favorites for easy recall and updates through push notifications.
- Stay up to date on product news, research and new or banned supplements.
- The app is especially convenient for those playing in the National Hockey League, Canadian Football League and Major League Baseball where it’s required as well as other associations and leagues where it is recommended.
- None noted.
Bottom Line: Especially useful for sports dietitians, trainers and elite athletes, the NSF Certified for Sport® app may not sport the sleekest design but it has an easy-to-search database putting essential information right in your pocket.