Synopsis of the App: Pinch It!™ Recipe Box lets you save and organize online recipes from anywhere.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Uses an exclusive Google recipe search so queries only return recipes from food sites and blogs.
- Save your favorite recipes in one click.
- Create and organize recipes in folders using meals, diet or occasion — any title you prefer.
- Option to share and post your own recipes to the Pinch It!™ database to be shared with other users.
- Lists trending saved recipes to increase ease of discovery.
- Does not display full recipe instructions, but it does share ingredients within the app.
- Access saved recipes from any device (including desktop) by simply logging in.
- Easily share recipe links with family and friends.
- Access the Pinch It!™ website to build custom meal plans and create cloud-based grocery lists.
- Advertisements on every page compete for the user’s attention.
- Inconsistent photography styles and lighting add to the clutter making for a somewhat cluttered appearance.
- Trending recipes are not influenced by user preferences, so users might spend additional time sifting through recipes that are not a good fit.
Bottom Line: Although it lacks the user experience of more established platforms such as Pinterest, Pinch It!™ is ideal for people who want to simply save and organize recipes and who can ignore advertisements on mobile.