Synopsis of the App: Registered Dietitian Calculator is an enteral and parenteral nutrition solution calculator designed for registered dietitian nutritionists in clinical practice.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android
RDN Score: 4/5
- Designed by a clinical dietitian for clinical dietitians.
- Access key data entry fields from the home screen.
- Customize the app with preferred settings per personal practice and an institution’s formulary and guidelines.
- Calculate estimated needs and bolus, continuous enteral feeds as well as 2:1 or 3:1 parenteral solutions.
- Select preferred predictive equations from Mifflin-St. Jeor, Penn State, Harris-Benedict as well as kCal/kg per ideal, actual and adjusted body weight. Set preferences for fluid need calculations using Holliday-Segar and ml/kg ideal and actual body weight.
- Set and save user preferences to include imperial and metric or metric units only.
- Calculates estimated calories, protein and fluids from the same screen.
- The app has a simple design, making it easy to use.
- Users must pay to unlock the full enteral and parenteral features.
- There are similar tools available at no cost.
- Formatting is a little off center (based on the phone used during this review).
Bottom Line: Registered Dietitian Calculator puts many of clinical dietitians’ calculating tools within easy reach.