Synopsis of the App
Researcher is penned as the mobile app to browse more than 2,000 journals in one place.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Simple app with a user-friendly design.
- Search and follow more than 2,000 academic journals in one place.
- Skip the overwhelm and filter your feed by research area including chemical and physical sciences, life sciences, computer science and artificial intelligence, healthcare and medicine, earth science, animal biology and more.
- Search a number of subjects including AIDS & HIV, nanotechnology, tropical medicine, parasitology and vascular medicine.
- Select or mark journals to follow or search — including the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics — to view updates as those are released into the newsfeed.
- Search for articles via keyword, phrases or author names.
- Save and read articles and abstracts to read later.
- Save and read papers on your phone.
- Log in with an email address or a Google or Facebook account.
- View your personalized library via the Researcher app or online.
- Not all articles are available in full text, so you may have to leave the app to purchase or locate other options.
Bottom Line: With more than 2,000 academic journals in the database, Researcher is a convenient way to follow and stay current on your favorite scientific journals and manage abstracts in one place.