Garnish layers of crisp cucumbers and a tangy seasoned yogurt mixture with a dollop of creamy labneh and a sprinkle of zesty chili-lime seasoning for a no-cook snack or appetizer.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cup (230 grams)
PREP TIME: 3 minutes
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons labneh (spreadable strained yogurt), divided
- ½ medium avocado
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) lemon juice
- 12 small cilantro leaves
- 1½ cups cucumber, peeled and sliced into ⅛-inch slices, divided
- ¼ teaspoon chili-lime seasoning, divided
- Scoop yogurt and 1 tablespoon labneh into a high-speed blender. Add avocado, sea salt, lemon juice and cilantro.
- Process until well-combined and creamy.
- Divide yogurt mixture evenly into 2 snack-sized (approximately 150 grams each) plastic food storage bags and seal. Set aside.
- Separate 1 cup sliced cucumber into 2 equal portions.
- Snip off a corner of one filled bag and squeeze enough contents to coat the bottom of a small glass jar, about ½ inch.
- Layer 4 to 5 cucumber slices on top.
- Continue to layer with yogurt mixture and cucumber slices until bag is empty and one portion of cucumbers is used.
- Garnish with 4 to 5 cucumber slices, 1 tablespoon labneh and ⅛ teaspoon chili-lime seasoning.
- Repeat to create the second parfait with remaining ingredients in a second small glass jar.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking note: Instead of 2 small jars, use 2 clear 10-ounce plastic cups. Labneh is a Mediterranean spreadable yogurt cheese that is tangy and thick like sour cream. Optionally, substitute equal amounts of sour cream or skyr for labneh. If you don’t have chili-lime seasoning, mix equal parts sea salt, chili powder and lime or lemon juice for the seasoning.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 177 calories, 9g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 19mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 6g sugar, 13g protein, 560mg potassium, 205mg phosphorus