Synopsis: Slumber is a sleep meditation and bedtime stories app that is suitable for people of all ages.
Price and Platform: Free with paid option. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Provides a library of sleep meditations and bedtime stories including more than 10 free episodes. The newest and recommended stories are front and center when you open the app.
- Explore and choose from calming stories, sleep meditation, soothing sounds or children’s stories.
- Adjust the nature sounds and background effects to add, increase or decrease volume for soothing, sleep-inducing sounds to any bedtime story or meditation. Use the app’s delayed ending to extend your selected background ambiance for as long as you prefer.
- Tap to save your favorite tracks and easily replay stories using the recently played playlist.
- The free app includes two new sleep sounds or stories each week, often with a seasonal twist.
- Set up your profile to track your total sessions and current or best streaks. The app learns your behavior the more you use it.
- Slumber Studios hosts The Sleepy Bookshelf podcast, which is free for all and provides classic fiction narrated in a particular way to help soothe you to sleep.
- Activate the bedtime reminder or toggle sleep tip notifications on for additional support.
- The app is relatively affordable at $39.99/year after a seven-day trial.
- Most of the 450+ sleep meditations and stories are behind a paywall (check for the lock symbol in the corner). If you want the option to choose your favorites or to go beyond the two free options per week, Slumber Premium is the best way to go.
Bottom Line: Although the free version is stripped down, Slumber is worth a try for anyone needing a little extra help falling asleep.