Synopsis of the App: Speeko is a personal speech coach designed to help you become more comfortable and confident with your voice.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple only.
RDN Score: 5/5
- Well-designed, simple, clean design with no distractions.
- Choose your goals to focus on work, school or personal growth.
- Offers an assessment to determine how confident you are speaking (from extremely unconfident to extremely confident on a 5-point scale) and to help make recommendations based on the skill level.
- Set a routine for practicing in the morning or evening, after waking up, during commute, at work, after work, after dinner or before bed.
- Sends a nudge to remind you when it’s time to practice.
- Create an optional profile to save your progress or use the app without saving.
- Includes detailed lessons and exercises such as vocal delivery basics, which includes lessons and modules for each skill from pace, eloquence, pausing, intonation, articulation and power.
- Detailed modules go through important skills, practice exercises and evaluation.
- Practice and get instant feedback on a presentation you’re working on or mock interview responses.
- Use the table topics feature for prompts to speak on a random topic for two minutes, for example, or build a practice interview with top job interview questions, problem solving and leadership and other topics such as communication and conflict management.
- Get 7 days of free speaking stats, which includes access to all lessons and personalized feedback. Upgrade to the paid version to get these after the trial period.
- Initial skills assessment could be more comprehensive.
- Without the paid version, you likely can “finish” the app and need more challenging content to continue to improve.
Bottom Line: Designed as an on-demand speaking coach, Speeko is ideal for professionals and students alike.