In a modified version of Kabak Tatlısı, roasted butternut squash replaces boiled pumpkin, and honey and cinnamon are used in place of sugar.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cup squash, ½ tablespoon honey, ½ tablespoon walnuts, ½ tablespoon tahini (118 grams)
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 whole butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons (25 milliliters) honey
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Cut squash base into thirds and cut each third in half to make ½-inch thick pieces that are roughly 1-inchby-1-inch.
- Cut squash neck lengthwise into thirds and cut each third into ½-inch thick pieces that are roughly 1-inch-by-2-inches.
- In a bowl, toss squash with salt and cinnamon.
- Spread out on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, allowing space between each piece.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and cool. Drizzle with tahini and honey and top with nuts to serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 142 calories, 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 6g sugar, 3g protein, 431mg potassium, 121mg phosphorus