Synopsis of the App: Studio Tone It Up: Workouts offers fitness and the promise of friendship and a supportive community with live and on-demand fitness classes.
Price and Platform: Free trial. Apple only.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Cheerful, easy-to-use design with a girly vibe complete with upbeat hosts and instructors.
- Sign up for and join one of several daily live classes or start an on-demand one anytime, anywhere.
- Create goals, track workouts and progress and gain accountability in the online TIU community online.
- Create a profile and enable location services to be matched with area workout buddies.
- View upcoming live classes and the class roster from the homepage.
- Access on-demand classes featuring HIIT, total body, cardio, sculpt and more.
- Free daily workouts are available to non-subscribers and include stop motion videos demonstrating form and technique for exercises like lunges, side plank hip dips and toe touches.
- Automatically tracks workouts completed via the app.
- Share your activity by connecting Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Offers a free 7-day trial with subscription.
- Send and receive private chat messages with other app users.
- At $85 per year, the app is cheaper than most gym memberships.
- Available only on iOS devices at the time of the review.
- Requires an email address and user ID or Facebook to use the app.
- Intermittent technical issues with loading live classes.
- Must subscribe using the auto-renewable subscription to get the free 7-day trial.
Bottom Line: Similar to many other in-your-pocket workout apps on the market, Studio Tone It Up: Workouts is a good choice for those already invested in the TIU community or seeking a virtual, fitness-focused lady tribe.