Savory, sweet and salty, crunchy edamame is a satisfying snack.
Serving size: ⅓ cup (40 grams)
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 3 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1½ tablespoons (20 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C).
- Place edamame in a strainer and run under warm water for 30 seconds. Spread edamame on a paper towel and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, stir together edamame, olive oil, sugar, curry, cinnamon, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Spread seasoned edamame on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, until light brown. Stir every 15 minutes to ensure even roasting. Let cool before serving.
Cooking note: Line baking sheet with parchment paper to avoid staining from curry powder. Increase baking time by about 20 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: 139 calories, 7g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 6g sugar, 10g protein, 462mg potassium, N/A phosphorus