Synopsis of the App: Toggl is a simple time tracker for work.
Price and Platform: Free. Apple, Android, Web.
RDN Score: 4/5
- User-friendly, simple design from tracking to reports and dashboard viewing.
- Easily start tracking time with a single screen tap or voice command.
- Break down time entries, hours by project, client or task.
- Create project folders and categorize tracked time to stay organized.
- Split projects and tasks by what is billable by the week, month or year.
- Review time reports detailing work and export as a PDF or other file type.
- Seamlessly add calendar events as automatic time entries.
- Toggl automatically generates and saves summary reports complete with easy-to-review pie charts.
- Includes integration with calendars, alerts for estimates, tasks, project dashboards and billable rates and project time estimates.
- Set preferences for a 24- or 12-hour clock, first day of the week and date format.
- Syncs across iOS, Android and Windows devices from the tablet, laptop and phone.
- Option to use manual mode to add data manually versus doing it in real time.
- Enable smart alerts for reminders to stop tracking during idle times.
- Includes a generous free plan, plus a 30-day free trial for the premium version.
- Doesn’t include an invoicing feature, which may force users to default to a more comprehensive tracker.
- No provisions for tracking leisure time.
- Toggl offers different features from the mobile to web apps, which can be a limitation for some users.
Bottom Line: Ideal for freelancers or to use with a team, Toggl shines in its simplicity and ability to be everywhere.