Synopsis: Described as a “Quick Start” guide for your mind, Unwinding by Sharecare is designed to help you manage stress and worry using scientific strategies.
Price and Platform: Free with premium option. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Pleasant aesthetic with a user-friendly design.
- Provides a small suite of tools to prioritize your mental health including animated videos, articles, guided meditations and more.
- Unlimited access to mini courses on eating, anxiety, financial stress and procrastination.
- Includes links to the scientific references used throughout the app.
- Starts with an optional personalization assessment that includes multiple-choice questions around the role stress plays in your life and your relationship with sleep.
- Users also can tick off their biggest challenges including stress and anxiety, health, social media, procrastination, work, money, food or weight, alcohol, relationships or “something else.”
- Tosses you into a mini course immediately after onboarding.
- Includes resilience-building and awareness practices including breathing exercises, one-minute “mindful moments” exercises, five-minute breaks, visual relaxations or guided meditation, and meditation timers that range from one to 60 minutes.
- Encourages optional daily check-ins that can be easily toggled on or off.
- Functional free app with a premium option to unlock all features for those who want to dive deeper.
- You have to sign up with a name, email address and password.
- The data collected and linked to your account include your usage data, contact information, identifiers and “other data.”
Bottom Line: Unwinding is not very different from many others in the category and is no substitute for therapy. But the user-friendly design and science-backing make it one to try if you’re seeking additional mental health support.