Synopsis of the App: VlogIt is a full-featured mobile video editor designed especially for YouTube creators.
Price and Platform: Free trial. Apple and Android only.
RDN Score: 3/5
- Well-designed with an easy-to-follow user interface.
- Capture video with the app or import existing video and photos.
- Includes the necessary video editing tools to trim, split, merge, crop and rotate clips, including the Ken Burns effect.
- Easily add animated intros using the app’s customizable presets.
- Incorporate the app’s animated text and emojis, and add color backdrops, photos, title pages and transitions with ease.
- Include voiceovers and add sound effects and music from your library or the app’s royalty-free music library.
- Create custom thumbnails with your own text or mark ups.
- Keep viewers engaged with picture-in-picture overlays and graphics.
- Easily import images and videos from social accounts like Instagram or YouTube, and export final projects directly into YouTube from the app in 1080p HD.
- Reverse, speed up or slow down clips for creative time lapse or actionable videos.
- Share with ease to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and email.
- Free trial with no watermark.
- App crashes or stalls frequently when importing content from phone’s library.
- The app requires a bit of a learning curve similar to any video editing software.
Bottom Line: Though the app still has some kinks to work out when it comes to functionality, VlogIt is a full-featured editor with all the bells and whistles YouTube creators need. It’s perfect for those who shoot content on the fly but with the import and crashing issues, creators may prefer to stick to the native YouTube editor to create and edit videos for now.