For a simple side dish, whole-grain pasta, canned artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and vinaigrette are served warm over fresh arugula and topped with toasted hazelnuts.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cup pasta mixture with hazelnuts plus ¼ cup arugula (212 grams)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 3 cups dry whole-grain spiral noodles
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts in water, drained and halved
- ½ cup rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup arugula leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together in a small bowl garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss the vinaigrette with the hot cooked pasta and allow to cool slightly. Add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes and mix to combine. Serve warm over arugula leaves and top with chopped hazelnuts.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 549 calories, 25g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate, 14g fiber, 12g sugar, 16g protein, 1,451mg potassium, 576mg phosphorus