Synopsis of the App: Wellory is an anti-diet app that provides 1-1 personal nutrition coaching with a promise to change your relationship with food for good.
Price and Platform: $59.99 per month. iOS and Android.
RDN Score: 4/5
- Attractive, well-designed app.
- Onboarding with a bot that assesses your current relationship with food with choices including “Over it,” “It’s complicated,” “Pretty good,” “On point” and “Here to optimize.”
- Onboarding assessment offers options to focus on improving digestion, losing weight, gaining weight, increasing energy and other goals.
- Includes a lengthy questionnaire to match the user with a nutrition coach.
- Supports photo tracking of food instead of calorie counting.
- For a monthly fee, subscribers get a 30-minute call, daily photo food tracking custom nutrition plan, daily accountability, one-on-one feedback and support, and unlimited Q&A.
- Get advice from your nutrition coach once a day, six days a week.
- Includes some registered dietitians on staff.
- It’s expensive at $59.99/month.
- No apparent way to easily vet, choose or change your assigned coach.
- Though the app promises to make personalized nutrition accessible, it comes at a cost that not everyone can afford.
Bottom Line: Though not appropriate for those dealing with an eating disorder, Wellory might help support those who have already made progress in recognizing and dealing with diet culture — and who have the budget.