Synopsis of the App
Yogaia offers interactive yoga, meditation and strength classes live and on-demand.
Price and Platform: Free with in-app purchases available. Apple and Android.
RDN Score: 5/5
- User-friendly design will have you up and running in under 3 minutes.
- Includes access to a personal yoga coach in live classes.
- Includes more than 100 total yoga, meditation and fitness classes.
- Start with Yogaia’s goals assessment to tailor class recommendations and declare whether you want to relax and relieve stress, increase flexibility, strengthen and tone, calm and focus the mind and/or improve overall wellbeing.
- Classes run 5 to 70 minutes throughout the day and night and are designed to target a variety of personal goals and fitness levels.
- Filter classes based on type, level (beginner, intermediate, experienced) and duration.
- Attend classes with your camera on or off. When enabled, only the instructor can see you, not the other class attendees.
- View available classes in your time zone and get a class description and instructor bio including his or her website and credentials.
- Take beginner to advanced yoga and Pilates that focus on things like core and strengthening; titles include “Rock your rear,” “Chill yoga,” and “Salute the sun.”
- Download classes to take when you’re offline.
- Monthly fee equals about what you’d pay for one class in some yoga studios.
- Offers up to a 14-day free trial then available as a subscription with rates starting at just over $7 per month on promotion up to $19.99 per month.
- Class experience will vary with the instructor and Wi-Fi connection strength.
- The app is a battery hog. Be sure to have your phone charger handy.
- With a regular price of $19.99/month, Yogaia is pricey for an app subscription.
Bottom Line: Yogaia is ideal for those on the go or who prefer to engage in guided fitness practice from home or wherever they might be in the world.