Price and Platform
$1.99; available via Apple App store
3 out of 5 stars
Synopsis of the App
Harvest is penned as your guide to selecting the freshest, healthiest and best tasting produce. Harvest tells you when to squeeze, smell or thump your produce to bring the highest quality, food to the table. It provides fruit and vegetable selection tips and a guide to relative pesticide levels for each food.
- Incredibly simple design.
- Provides detailed selection and storage tips and recommendations.
- Database of more than 120 fruits and vegetables — from common foods like apples and mangoes to obscure ones like durian, dragon fruit and feijoa.
- Easy search and filtering for quick reference at the point of purchase.
- Relative pesticides levels included for each food and also available in a list from high to low (worst to best).
- Users can suggest new foods.
- App does not provide information on preparation, origin and where to buy.
- Produce images are obstructed and difficult to see.
- Although most information appears accurate, could not confirm the source and credibility of the content provided via the app, supporting website or customer service.
Upon launch, this app dives right into the produce aisle. Harvest is a handy, digital pocket guide that delivers on its promise to provide produce selection and storage tips via an easy to use design.