Apple and Android (Free; Available via Apple App store and Android Market)
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The iPharmacy app functions as a pill identifier and drug reference designed to help with medication management for one or the entire family.
- Compiles information on 20,000 FDA approved drugs.
- Sourced from FDA.
- Features a fully customizable reminder option that includes medication type, dosage and frequency.
- Quickly identify medications using the barcode scanner feature or pill identifier using the color, imprint and shape of a drug in question.
- Allows for the addition of drugs not in the database.
- The nearby pharmacy feature allows you to identify pharmacies that carry your medication and compare prices.
- Comes with an electronic prescription discount card that may yield savings with participating pharmacies.
- Recent partnership with Blaze mobile enables mobile prescription payments.
- Regularly updated list of drug recalls and alerts available with the click of a button.
- Provides an active medical community forum to use at your own risk as it is not moderated.
- Requires a wi-fi connection to access the database.
- Great opportunity for user error when entering dosage reminders or adding a new medication to the database.
- Typos and word usage errors undermine the credibility of the app.
- Advertisements in the free version. Advertisement-free version available for $2.99.
The iPharmacy app is a handy medication reference tool that doubles as an on-the-go medication management system. It's a useful and convenient app for healthcare professionals and consumers alike.