Platform and Price
Apple iOS, free
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The Escoffier Cook’s Companion is a kitchen reference app that provides essential cooking tools including a timer, ingredient dictionary, equipment list, measures converter and glossary of kitchen terms.
- Conveniently access all cooking tools from the home screen.
- Measurement converter quickly converts temperature, weight, liquids and length making it easy to go from ounces to grams, milliliters to tablespoons, Celsius to Fahrenheit and more.
- Activate and save multiple timers with different ring tones.
- Equipment glossary details common and not so common home and commercial kitchen equipment from a Bain-Marie to wick lamp.
- Glossary provides a complete description of equipment, an image and how to use, handle, clean and store it.
- Comprehensive ingredient dictionary identifies foods from aduzki beans to zucchini and includes tips on selection, cooking and storage.
- Easily search unfamiliar cooking terms in the glossary.
- Finally understand and learn to pronounce common French cooking terms.
- Intrusive popup advertisements.
- The timer only works when the app is open and active.
The Escoffier Cook’s Companion app is a helpful cooking reference tool that feels a bit like a textbook. While informative, the app skips the bells and whistles that make an app fun to use and keep users engaged. All things considered, Cook’s Companion is a convenient kitchen reference tool useful for novice and seasoned cooks alike.