Platform and Price
Apple iOS (mobile web version on Android), free
3 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Farmstand empowers you to eat local making it easy to find farmers’ markets, community gardens, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) information, restaurants and events that serve local food.
- Attractive, easy-to-use design.
- User powered activity stream displays the markets available in your vicinity.
- Supplies location, distance and hours for local markets and events.
- Plots surrounding markets on a map and a list sorted by distance.
- Share content, reviews and photos within the app and via Facebook and Twitter.
- Provides contact or website information for local markets.
- App sends notifications for events such as Food Day
- Activity stream in some locations may display outdated information as it relies on the community for updates.
- Markets pop up and close, change days and hours frequently creating a challenge for keeping the app current.
Farmstand is useful for anyone wanting to discover local food finds. User experiences will vary based on their physical location. However, if you are already familiar with what’s in your area, the app may quickly become irrelevant.