Platform and Price
Apple iOS and web versions, free
Synopsis of the App
Penned the “Home of Great Taste,” Gojee curates an attractive mix of food and drink recipes from food bloggers and recipe developers around the world. The app brings the Gojee recipe sharing website to smartphones and tablets with an easy-to-use mobile design.
4 out of 5
- Sleek, easy-to-use design
- Convenient way to access Gojee content on the go
- Flaunts gorgeous food photography
- "More like this" button immediately links to similar photos and recipes.
- Introduces new food bloggers easily accessed from the main screen.
- See all ingredients with one click from the main screen.
- “Explore” function allows search by ingredients on hand, dislikes or by course
- Search categories include vegan, vegetarian and main groups like seafood, chicken, pork or soups among others.
- Easily save favorites with one click.
- Easily share recipes via Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr and email.
- No advertisements in the app.
- Must create an account (supply an email address) to use the app
- Curates food blogger and user generated recipes which can make content unreliable at times
- Some blogger sites were slow to load after the click through
- Although healthy options are available, many recipes are quite indulgent
- No shopping list option
Bound to light a fire under those who enjoy cooking and eating, Gojee Food is designed with the foodie in mind. The food images will inspire new and seasoned cooks to explore new food bloggers and get in the kitchen.