Platform and Price
Apple, free app (with subscription plans offered)
5 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Panna is a bimonthly video cooking magazine featuring master chefs. The offer: “Cook with the Masters. Master the recipes.” The app includes one free issue with additional issues priced at $4.99 each or a $14.99/year subscription.
- Gorgeous food photography and beautiful high definition video.
- Seasonal, whole food recipes using easily accessible ingredients.
- Easy to follow seasonal recipes that are visually appealing.
- Free preview issue includes 10 recipes with 130 minutes of video making the app worth a download.
- Each subscription issue contains 13 seasonal video recipes.
- Expertise of master chefs include the likes of Chef Rick Bayless, Anita Lo and more.
- Staff of master chefs walk you through each recipe step by step delivering essential cooking techniques, engaging stories and food knowledge.
- Watch all content at once like a cooking show via "Panna TV" or view it recipe by recipe
- Stream or download content to access recipes on or offline.
- Save favorites, make notes and add ingredients to the shopping list from the recipe's main screen.
- Issue content never expires allowing subscribers to build a searchable library of recipes and videos.
- Not available on Android
- Video pauses anytime the screen is touched, preventing note taking or other simultaneous tasks while the video plays – a minor negative in exchange for a design that makes pausing the video easy when hands are dirty in the kitchen.
Panna is a clever cooking app that can help you sharpen your culinary skills in what feels like a beautifully designed virtual cooking school. Possibly as close as many will get to culinary school with a master chef, Panna is a fun, engaging app for home cooks.