Synopsis of the App
The Cookbook Café app provides a way to self-publish, sell and shop for digital cookbooks.
4 out of 5
Platform and Price
- Cookbooks can be made into an iPad app or a web-based interactive eBook.
- No cost to build your cookbook.
- Option to provide your cookbook at no cost, sell it for a profit or use it as a fundraiser.
- Global search function allows you to find cookbooks using keywords like savory or nutty in addition to the standard categories like course or occasion.
- Pull in recipe content from family, friends and colleagues.
- User-friendly cookbook design and layout complete with photos and the option to rate and review recipes.
- Switch to "cook mode" for step-by-step instructions without distractions.
- Provides kitchen essentials including a substitutions tool, multiple timers and an interactive conversion tool for wet and dry ingredients that includes metric and customary measures.
- Access many features from the home screen without logging in.
- Quickly view the latest, featured and non-profit books under "what's new."
- Connect with cookbook authors via their website or social media from within the app.
- Cookbooks range from free to $9.99.
- Design could be more polished.
- Cookbook builder is only available on the iPad.
Perfect for the first-time cookbook creator, Cookbook Café eliminates the barriers and provides an accessible platform to produce your cookbook e-book. This DIY platform can be used for exposure, fundraising or to simply share your recipes.