Mini Mediterranean Frittatas
Get a taste of the Mediterranean at breakfast with these mini frittatas! Make a batch over the weekend and reheat each morning for a quick and filling breakfast on the go.
- [5 grams] 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) olive oil
- [120 grams] 1 cup zucchini, quartered lengthwise and then sliced into ¼-inch thick wedges
- [70 grams] 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- [45 grams] ⅓ cup red onion, finely diced
- [60 grams] 2 cups spinach
- [45 grams] ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- [2 grams] ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- [300 grams] 6 large eggs
- [120 grams] ½ cup (120 milliliters) fat-free milk
- Black pepper to taste
- [35 grams] ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (177˚C) and lightly oil each well of a muffin pan with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add zucchini, mushrooms and onions. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring to ensure even cooking.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add spinach, olives and oregano. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove skillet from heat and allow vegetables to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and black pepper. Add cooked vegetables and cheese to egg mixture, and whisk until combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons egg mixture into each muffin pan well. Place pan on the middle oven rack and bake for 20 minutes. Eggs should reach an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) and be set with no runny liquid remaining on top.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing mini frittatas, using a table knife to loosen the edges.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Serves 5.
Serving size: 2 mini frittatas
CALORIES 128; TOTAL FAT 8g; SAT. FAT 3g; CHOL. 202mg; SODIUM 211mg; CARB. 4g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 2g; PROTEIN 9g; POTASSIUM 300mg; PHOSPHORUS 184mg