Synopsis of the App
A basic video editor with several perks, Splice offers a large free music library, filters, sound effects, motion control, transitions and text options. Users can easily customize video background colors and resolution. Only existing video content on the iPhone can be used — no new footage or video clips from other sources are supported. Some may find this app to be bare-bones compared to other editors, but simplicity is its main selling point.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple only
3 out of 5
- Simple design.
- No video length limits.
- Create videos and slideshows from existing footage.
- Easily customize the video background colors and resolution.
- Includes free filters, songs, sound effects, motion control, transitions and text options.
- Large free music library selection music selection.
- Option to add narration.
- Adds transitions automatically.
- No advertisements or branded watermarks.
- Lacks polished interface.
- Less intuitive and engaging user experience compared to others.
- Only available on iOS devices.
- Doesn't include a camera function to capture new footage.
- Doesn't support video clips from sources other than the iPhone.
Splice is good for anyone who has amassed several existing clips and desires a simple, no-frills editing app.