Wow dinner party guests with this elegant vegetarian risotto topped with crispy broccolini, peppery arugula, toasted pine nuts and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Creamy Dutch Oven-baked Parmesan Risotto
Developed by EA Stewart
Serving size: 1⅓ cup risotto, ½ cup broccolini, ½ cup arugula, 1 tablespoon pine nuts and 1 tablespoon Parmesan (345 grams)
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- [200 grams] 4 cups broccolini, stems removed
- [30 grams] 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil, divided
- [40 grams] ¼ cup pine nuts
- [1,070 grams] 4½ cups (1,060 milliliters) low-sodium vegetarian chicken-flavored broth, divided
- [180 grams] 1½ cups shallots, diced
- [300 grams] 1½ cups Arborio rice, dry
- [110 grams] ½ cup (120 milliliters) dry white wine
- [70 grams] ¾ cup shredded Parmesan, divided
- [60 grams] 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place broccolini in roasting pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside. Add pine nuts to a medium pot and toast over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from heat immediately, place into a small bowl and set aside. Return pot to stove and pour in broth. Turn heat to high until broth begins to boil, then reduce to low and simmer until ready to use.
- While broth is warming, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and shallots and sauté for 3 minutes or until shallots are softened and light golden brown. Add rice and stir well with a spoon to combine. Pour wine over rice mixture and stir for 1 minute or until liquid has absorbed. Pour 4 cups of hot broth over rice mixture and stir until combined. Turn off heat for Dutch oven and medium pot with stock. Keep remaining ½ cup broth in pot on stove to use later.
- Cover Dutch oven with lid and place on the middle rack of oven. Place roasting pan with broccolini on the middle rack next to the Dutch oven. Bake both for 20 minutes or until rice has fully absorbed liquid and broccolini is crispy, then remove both from oven.
- Bring remaining ½ cup of broth back to a boil. Carefully remove lid from Dutch oven and pour remaining ½ cup broth and ½ cup Parmesan over rice. Stir well until risotto is creamy.
- To serve, place 1⅓ cups of risotto in each serving bowl. Top each with ½ cup crispy broccolini, ½ cup baby arugula, 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts and 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Nutrition Per Serving
CALORIES 509; TOTAL FAT 16g; SAT. FAT 4g; CHOL. 13mg; SODIUM 493mg; CARB. 79g; FIBER 8g; SUGARS 7g; PROTEIN 18g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition analysis uses low-sodium vegetable broth for low-sodium vegetarian chicken-flavored broth. Nutrition information for potassium and phosphorus in low-sodium vegetable broth not available.