Platform and Price
Free; Available via Apple App store
5 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Released April 2013, Food Tripping is a fun app that finds food options in your vicinity from small business food artisans to national food and market chains.
- Simple, well-designed app.
- Searchable by name, location and category.
- With location services turned on (GPS), the app immediately finds food options in your area from the tiniest vendor to national chains.
- Customize search results based on several categories including: eateries, farmer's markets, food markets, coffee and tea, juice joints and smoothies, vegan and vegetarian, drink artisans, and food artisans.
- Listings appear to be complete and accurate for the locations tested. Listings provide location, distance, contact information and directions.
- It's an active directory, allowing suggestions and input from the app community.
- Share content via Facebook, Twitter or email.
- Favorites function allows you to track places you want to revisit or recommend.
- Use at home or while traveling to discover what's nearby.
- Though equipped with social media components, users are not yet engaged with the Food Tripping community.
A foodie essential, Food Tripping is a gateway to explore a world of food waiting just around the corner. The only thing missing is a way to get there.