Platform and Price
Free; Available via Apple App store
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Shopwell is designed to help you eat healthy on the go. The app scores foods based on compatibility with your dietary needs and preferences. With a sleek design, ShopWell rivals the popular Fooducate app.
- Create healthy grocery lists, find foods that match your nutrition goals and get nutrition facts and ingredients for them.
- Good variety of fresh foods and branded package foods.
- Foods are assigned scores (0-100) based on the healthfulness of the item.
- ShopWell scores and content are reviewed and developed by registered dietitians and statisticians.
- Uses stop light colors to signal the best and worst matches for your nutrition goals.
- Five-stage achievement system cheers you on from "Nutrition Novice" to "Shopwell Pro."
- Scan, search or browse for healthy foods to earn points under "My Achievements."
- Option to create multiple shopping lists.
- Creates a custom list of popular foods based on your nutrition needs and shopping habits of people with similar nutrition goals and preferences.
- Saves new scanned foods into the app.
- Some foods when scanned don't have a score or nutrition information although it is found (image available).
- Doesn't highlight whole foods very well.
ShopWell is a good shopping companion. It helps answer the question: Is this a healthy choice in the supermarket? And it roots you on to make healthier choices with continued use.