Platform and Price
Free. Apple, Android.
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Boldly claiming to put "the world's knowledge at your fingertips," Learnist is a crowd-sourced collection of original user generated and user curated content shared via "learnboards."
- Beautiful boards display magazine quality images.
- Curated web content on thousands of topics from the most obscure academic topics to those with wide appeal like food, health and sports.
- Follow your favorite curators and become an expert curator to add content and build a following of your own.
- Learn from people all around the world.
- Add interesting boards to your "reading list" for easy recall.
- Search function is fast and effective.
- Option to embed learnboards on your blog.
- Share boards to Facebook, twitter or via email and text with one click.
- You own the content you share.
- Most content is free. Premium content is available via in-app purchases at $.99 per board.
- Anyone can be an "expert" on Learnist.
- Content is user curated. You are the fact-checker.
- Social media sharing limited to Facebook and twitter, missing the opportunity to share on Tumblr, Pinterest and other platforms.
- No "home" button in the app means scrolling back through pages of boards to get to the main portal.
- Set up profile, adjust settings and upload new content and boards via the web platform only.
Learnist provides a platform to shrink a piece of the internet, learn from and connect with others and get your content out to the world. Research shows that Millennial (Gen Y) love user generated content. Learnist is another way to possibly reach that digitally driven generation.