Coconut-Ginger Braised Chard
Chard is lightly braised in a broth of coconut milk, fresh ginger and a hint of red pepper flakes.
- 1 large bunch green chard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Slice chard into 1-inch strips. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for about 3 minutes or until they begin to brown. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté 1 minute. Add the chard and remaining ingredients to the pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Serving size: ½ cup
Calories: 89; Total fat: 7g; Saturated fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 543mg; Carbohydrate: 7g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 3g; Potassium: N/A; Phosphorus: N/A