Synopsis of the App
Born from the founder's popular Instagram community of almost 1 million followers, Fit Men Cook is a healthy recipe app with a focus on meal prep and fitness in the kitchen.
5 out of 5
Platform and Price
- Sleek design and user-friendly interface.
- More than 100 easy, affordable and mostly healthy recipes.
- High-quality food photography makes the recipes look appealing.
- Short videos demonstrate recipe instruction and ease of preparation.
- Recipes list calories, protein, fat and carbohydrates information labeled "macros."
- Recipes are searchable by category or ingredient.
- Search recipes that are vegetarian, low- or high-carbohydrate, ideal post-workout and more.
- Highlighted collections pull together recipes for busy students on a budget, meal prep favorites and more.
- Scale recipes up or down with a couple of taps.
- Add ingredients to the shopping list, shop by aisle and mark off items as you shop.
- Toggle between U.S. and metric units within each recipe.
- Save recipes to favorites for easy recall.
- Add your own notes to recipes to easily recall changes or add your own spin.
- Seamless integration with the Fit Men Cook community – encouraging users to make a recipe, photograph, hashtag and share it on Instagram.
- Integration with the Apple's health data allows users to easily add and record recipe nutrient data by serving directly into the HealthKit app.
- Share recipes with friends via email.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- Font on some screens is small. App doesn't appear to be supported by Dynamic Type as it doesn't adjust to the preferred reading size.
Appealing to the fitness-minded and general population alike, the Fit Men Cook app is well-designed and will encourage users to get in the kitchen to cook.