Synopsis of the App
This simple, personalized meal planning app lets you filter recipes by diet type, allergies and food restrictions. The automatic grocery lists make shopping and planning a breeze. Perfect for anyone seeking nutritionally balanced and beautifully presented, healthy dinner recipes without venturing down the internet rabbit hole, Mealime offers flexibility and value in a clean and cheerful package.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple only
4 out of 5
- Simple and easy to use with a clean and cheerful aesthetic.
- Delicious sounding meals are nutritionally balanced and beautifully presented.
- Customize the meal planning experience by filtering meals to fit your diet type including flexitarian, low carb, pescetarian or vegetarian.
- Filter for allergies and food restrictions including common food dislikes.
- Select meal plans for two or four servings each and for the number of recipes per week from two to six meals.
- Tap a meal photo to easily swap it out. Don't like any of them? Swipe down to swap all recipes for new ones.
- Keep up with what worked by marking recipes as cooked or saving as favorites.
- Recipes include full color photos, time to prepare, required cookware, ingredients and preparation instructions. Recipe titles include Southwestern Black Bean Cakes with Guacamole & Corn, Steak & Spinach Salad with Sautéed Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Corn or Tomato, Mushroom & Kalamata Olive Penne with Parmesan and many others.
- A well-organized grocery list is automatically created for each weekly meal plan.
- Tap on grocery list ingredients for substitutes as needed.
- View recipes in U.S. or metric units.
- Access your meal plans via the app or Mealime website.
- Upgrade to the Pro version at $5.99 per month to view nutrition data, previous meal plans and exclusive recipes as well as add favorites to meal plans.
- Food dislike options seem limited but come with a note that more options are coming soon.
- No apparent way to add back swapped out meals if you accidentally removed a meal.
- Meal plans only include dinner (or lunch) options not breakfast.
If you don't want to wade through the millions of recipes online, Mealime puts quality recipes that meet your diet preferences right at your fingertips.