Synopsis of the App
Clips lets you make videos using simple controls – no timeline, tracks or complex editing tools. Send video messages or share short videos to social media using animated text, graphics and emojis.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple only.
4 out of 5
- Easy to use.
- Easily create, trim, or reorder clips without the complexity of iMovie or other editing software.
- Use the voiceover feature to add audio and captions at once.
- Shoot live video from the app or pull existing content from the camera roll.
- Add flair with emojis, animated text, titles and captions, speech bubbles, and shapes.
- Have fun with photos and videos with comic book, color, and black and white filters.
- Pan and zoom views of your photos and videos with ease using gestures like drag and pinch.
- Add your own music or choose from Clips’ soundtracks that automatically adjust to the video length.
- Use “smart sharing” which suggests people to share your videos with based on your most used contacts.
- Send videos via Messages or share directly to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and others.
- Only available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Not a full feature, professional level video filming or editing tool.
Clips is best for those who don’t take video making and editing too seriously. It’s just for fun.