Lékué Kabob Maker
I’ve never tried a product like this before, but was very excited by the idea. We have different diet preferences in my house (vegetarian, omnivore, low-carb), so we love recipes that let us customize without adding extra steps. Kabobs and skewers do just that!
The Lékué Kabob Maker has a sturdy plastic base with a flexible silicone top and slits on all sides that allow eight skewers to be made at once. So you can make quite a bit! Your food is cooked simply by placing the maker into the microwave for a few minutes. This is great, because you don’t have to use a stove or grill (if you don’t have one or wish not to use it), and it doesn’t require additional fat. There’s even a handy little guide that details approximate cooking times depending on the type of food you’re cooking. I decided to test it out using vegetables, meat and fish.
The vegetable skewers were yummy, but the meat ones weren’t great; certain foods just don’t microwave well. When I use the Lékué Kabob Maker again, I’ll stick to veggie skewers using the recipe below.
Super-Simple Vegetable Skewers (using Lékué Kabob Maker)
- 2 cups red, yellow and orange bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard and garlic powder. Toss with peppers in a large bowl. Let marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place peppers on skewers and stack into container.
- Following Lékué Kabob Maker instructions, add 2 tablespoons water into the bottom of the dish and microwave 7 to 8 minutes. Let rest 1 minute and serve.