Platform and Price
Android and Apple, free
2 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The Dash Diet Free app provides recipes designed to prevent and lower blood pressure through food.
- Simple recipes with step by step instructions.
- Recipes designed to support anyone following the DASH Diet or those who desire weight management.
- Recipes include a variety of choices from Asian pork tenderloin or acorn squash with apples to minty-lime tea.
- Search for recipes by keyword.
- Filter recipes by meal type, preparation time and favorites.
- Recipes include nutrition information, which appears to fit the DASH Diet recommendations.
- Includes interesting tips and facts about the ingredients and serving suggestions to round out meal times.
- Many recipes are designed to serve just two people, which makes them easy to scale or perfect for those who cook for one.
- Star favorite recipes for easy recall.
- Lacks standard recipe app features like a shopping list, timer and menu planning tool.
- Some of the food photos don’t match the accompanying recipe.
- Preparation steps are poorly formatted for some recipes.
- New recipes are not added regularly.
- Advertisements for the upgraded version are intrusive at times.
- Must upgrade to the DASH Diet PRO version to get full value from the app — the recipes.
The DASH Diet app is one of several recipe apps on the market designed to support people following the plan. Unfortunately, this version misses the mark. As the DASH diet continues to top the charts as one of the best diets for general health and weight management, an app like this with delicious recipes that work can help people get off to a good start.
NOTE: The free version of the app offers limited value with just 12 recipes. The DASH Diet PRO app ($0.99 Android, $1.99 Apple) offers over 100 recipes.