Platform and Price
5 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Every week, FoodieTV showcases five handpicked videos that explore the world through the lens of food. Each video highlights the people and places behind the food we eat. FoodieTV creators explain the inspiration as “We wanted to explore why we eat, what we eat and how place manifests itself in ingredients and techniques.”
- Incredibly simple design and excellent video quality.
- Beautiful mini-documentaries feature foragers, farmers, artisans and chefs in action in their native surroundings.
- Videos are short, about three to five minutes on average.
- Offers great variety. A few clicks will take you from ice fishing with a Canadian fisherman, to touring Ms. Helen’s barbecue pit in Tennessee to making Za’atar over Middle Eastern beats.
- No advertisements.
- Not available on Android at time of review
FoodieTV is a simple yet well produced collection of videos that celebrate food and the people who make it around the world. It’s a fun and enlightening way for foodies to wind down at the end of the day.