Platform and Price
Android and Apple, $2.99
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
The Whole Pantry (TWP) app describes itself as the go-to place for health, wellness and lifestyle information. The goal is to restore balance and empower the TWP community to live a whole life. To that end, the app provides recipes, lifestyle guides and articles on natural medicine, fitness and well-being aimed at healthy living with a back to basics approach.
- Beautiful, user-friendly interface and enticing food photography.
- Alluring recipe of the day makes opening the app a pleasant experience.
- All recipes are plant-based.
- Recipes cover several categories including drinks, entrees, sides and fermented foods as well as recipes for the body including a salted caramel lip scrub and orange clay face mask.
- Learn to create simple, back to basics recipes such as whipped coconut cream, homemade nut
- milk and cashew cheese and satay quinoa fried rice.
- Recipes are tagged as gluten free, dairy free, vegan and raw for easy identification.
- Easily share recipes and articles via twitter, text message or email.
- Keep up with saved recipes and articles via a dedicated favorites section on the home screen.
- Option to view recipes in metric units.
- Recipes and articles encourage and support environmental sustainability.
- A portion of app proceeds are donated to charity.
- Recipes are limited in quantity (48 total at the time of this review).
- The health and lifestyle guides include articles on the mind, body, food and drink, home and garden, family but unfortunately there are no references to support the claims.
- Library is still growing.
The Whole Pantry app earns 5 stars for a beautiful, user-friendly interface. Although worthy of a download, this early version lacks the depth you’d expect from a comprehensive resource. With some additions, this app has the potential to become a valuable resource for plant based recipes and lifestyle information.