Platform and Price
4 out of 5
Synopsis of the App
Yumprint catalogs recipes from food blogs around the internet for display in this neat app. The app offers a way to organize your favorite recipes, plan menus and make grocery lists all in one place.
- Refreshing, clean design with easy navigation for simple visual meal planning.
- Access to millions of recipes from over 2,000 food blogs through the Yumprint publishing network.
- Home screen previews the newest and most popular food images making it easy to link to recipes you may enjoy.
- Grocery list feature makes it easy to add and adjust ingredients for new recipes
- Menu feature makes meal planning effortless for weeks at a time.
- My Cookbook feature can be customized and serves as the perfect place to stash your favorite recipes.
- Search results are conveniently organized first by recipes already in your cookbook then others from Yumprint.
- Clip function allows you to save recipes from any website while inside the Yumprint app.
- Follow your favorite bloggers to display their finds and recipes first in your activity stream.
- Follow and view friends’ cookbooks to make discovering recipes you like a little easier.
- Access your cookbook and all recipes on the Yumprint website in addition to the mobile app so you’re never without your favorite recipes.
- Not available on Android.
- Recipes are not standardized and may not be tested.
- Likely due to the newness of the app, not many recipes have been rated or reviewed.
- Photography quality varies from excellent to poor depending on the blog source.
- Recipes are not necessarily healthy.
- Home screen is a bit cluttered with the different recipe and menu streams.
Yumprint is a sleek way to discover new food blogs to follow, new recipes to try and keep it all organized. On the flip side, Yumprint may be an effective marketing tool for food bloggers seeking to expand their reach. Some may compare Yumprint to Pinterest, but with its laser focus on cooking this app offers more value for the home cook.