Synopsis of the App
From the makers of Vimeo, Cameo is a video editing app that lets you add professional looking cinematic effects to existing video footage with easy-to-use editing tools, themes and music.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple Only
4 out of 5
- Clean aesthetic.
- Use an existing Vimeo account to log in or create a new one.
- Cameo only films in landscape mode eliminating the risk of the accidental vertical video.
- Easily import existing video footage.
- Offers 9 themes to add cinematic effects such as a nostalgic or vintage feel. Control the final look and feel of the video by adjusting filter intensity.
- Add a soundtrack from over 100 free songs. Easily add, delete or change the music, adjust audio levels up/down or customized for specific clips.
- Customize titles and captions and select font style and color.
- Clip and splice existing video footage. Change clip order, delete or duplicate clips.
- Save videos at resolutions up to 4K (ultra HD).
- Work on up to 3 Cameo video projects at once.
- Completed videos automatically save to the camera roll and upload to Vimeo.
- Videos are set as private by default.
- Take control of your image by choosing your own thumbnail.
- Share videos to Facebook, Twitter and other channels with just a tap.
- Includes a comprehensive FAQ, which doubles as a tutorial on how to use the app
- No advertisements.
- Available on Apple only.
- Does not include a video capture tool.
- Does not allow you to upload photos – only video.
- Cannot upload songs from your own library.
- Limited number of font options.
If you already have video footage that needs to be edited, Cameo is an easy way to get it done. With seamless login and upload capability, Cameo is a no-brainer choice for existing Vimeo users.