Synopsis of the App
SmartBP lets you record, share and track blood pressure measurements from a smartphone.
Platform and Price
Free: Apple and Android
3 out of 5
- Simple design that’s easy-to-use.
- Displays most recent numbers on the home screen for easy reference.
- Tag entries to identify those taken pre/post meals, medication, exercise or after adopting new eating habits such as the DASH Diet.
- Filter results and statistics by medications taken.
- Provides simple statistics to assess trends in systolic and diastolic readings and graphs to track blood pressure, pulse and weight over time.
- Incorporate reminders to take medication or other tasks within the app.
- Share data via text or email or sync to Microsoft HealthVault or Apple HealthKit.
- Import data from Dropbox or Google drive.
- Microsoft HealthVault users can avoid manual data entry by first automatically uploading readings to HealthVault then syncing HealthVault to SmartBP.
- Includes a reference table for hypertension limit values and extensive FAQs.
- Design is a bit rough around the edges.
- Does not directly connect to any blood pressure monitoring devices.
- Provides no direction or support on how to obtain pulse or blood pressure measures.
- Includes advertisements on every page. An ad-free version is available for $1.99.
- App includes a privacy statement link but it did not load after multiple attempts. The statement was available on the website.
Particularly useful for Microsoft HealthVault users, SmartBP is ideal for those seeking a no-frills way to record, share and track blood pressure measurements.