Turkey Taco Bowl
Turkey taco filling made in the slow cooker makes this a no-fuss, family-friendly meal. Take it up a notch by broiling the filling in a bell pepper half topped with cheese or rolling it into tortillas for easy enchiladas.
- [4 grams] 1 tablespoon chili powder
- [6 grams] 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- [2 grams] 2 teaspoons onion powder
- [<1 gram] 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- [2 grams] ½ teaspoon sea salt
- [680 grams] 1½ pounds turkey breast cutlets
- [280 grams] 1 (15¼-ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained and rinsed
- [390 grams] 1 (14½-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- [260 grams] 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- [500 grams] 2¼ cups (530 milliliters) water, divided
- [280 grams] 1½ cups dry brown rice
- [250 grams] 1¾ cups tomatoes, chopped
- [140 grams] 1 cup (about 1 large) avocado, chopped
- [60 grams] ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- [180 grams] ½ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, oregano and sea salt. Place turkey in a single layer in slow cooker vessel.
- Sprinkle spice mix on top of turkey. Layer corn, diced tomatoes and black beans on top of turkey. Pour 1½ cups water on top of turkey and vegetables. Cook in slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
- Add brown rice and remaining ¾ cup water. Stir to mix ingredients. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Before serving, mix filling with a fork, breaking cooked turkey into small pieces. Serve as a taco bowl with tomato, avocado, cheese and Greek yogurt. Serves 7.
Serving size: 1½ cups (380 grams)
CALORIES 428; TOTAL FAT 8g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 49mg; SODIUM 360mg; CARB. 53g; FIBER 9g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 37g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A
Note: Nutrition information for potassium and phosphorus in ground cumin, sea salt and turkey breast cutlet not available.