Made with pantry staples, this flavorful treat is packed with fiber and stuffed with crunchy pecans, sweet dates, cinnamon and vanilla.
Serving size: 1 apple (235 grams)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) melted coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (1 milliliter) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 pitted date, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C). Wash, dry and core the apple using a sharp paring knife, leaving the bottom ¼ inch intact. The hole should be about 2 inches wide and broad all the way down the apple so there is enough room for stuffing. Place ½ teaspoon coconut oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, chopped pecans and date in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place the apple in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish and stuff with the prepared mixture. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil on the stovetop.
- Drizzle apple with remaining ½ teaspoon coconut oil, then pour boiling water into the bottom of the baking dish around the apple. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the apple is cooked and tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Per Serving:
CALORIES 299; TOTAL FAT 15g; SAT. FAT 4g; CHOL. 0mg; SODIUM 4mg; CARB. 45g; FIBER 8g; SUGARS 34g; PROTEIN 2g; POTASSIUM 375mg; PHOSPHORUS 75mg